Supaglue: open source product integrations platform
Supaglue is an open-source platform that helps you build native product integrations with your customers' SaaS tools. It provides a suite of developer tools and APIs to help you sync data into your application database or data warehouse and write directly to your customers' SaaS tools.
Supaglue works out-of-the-box with managed authentication, monitoring and logging tools, and a growing library of extensible SaaS connectors.
Supaglue provides 2 ways for building your product integration. These can be used independently or together:
- Managed syncs – sync data from your customers' SaaS tools into your application on a schedule, or on-demand.
- Unified API – read and write to multiple third-party providers with a single API.
- Lead scoring - sync CRM records into your application to power your AI/ML models.
- CRM enrichment - create or update contacts, accounts, tasks, and metrics in your customers' CRM and sales engagement tools.
- Workflow automation add prospects to email sequences in sales engagement tools.
How it works
You can integrate Supaglue with your application in about 5 minutes via our quickstart:
- Create a Supaglue Cloud account here.
- Configure your integration scopes and OAuth credentials, or use one of our managed OAuth apps.
- Create a Supaglue customer.
- Connect a customer's SaaS platform to your app through a managed authentication option.
- Configure a Managed Sync or start using the Unified API.
Who should use Supaglue?
Why is this better than building in-house?
- Supaglue fully manages your customer's authentication flow and handles refreshing access tokens.
- Supaglue handles the rate limits, response errors, and other idiosyncrasies of different SaaS APIs, so you don't have to.
- Supaglue normalizes responses across multiple providers, so you don't have to build this abstraction layer yourself.
- Supaglue provides unified APIs and common schemas, so you only have to do the integration work once.
- Supaglue comes out of the box with tools for managing customers, configuring integrations, and monitoring connection health.